Sunday 19 December 2010

Visa Diving & Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Hey All,

I'm new to MySpace (I know where have I been hiding for the last how many years!!!??!!), and want to share some of the beautiful creatures and underwater landscapes that are visited everyday in Koh Phi Phi, Thailand.

Some of you may have heard of Phi Phi Island from the movie 'The Beach'. Good movie, but it barely shows you even 10% of what this little island has to offer in terms of unsurpassed natural beauty both on the islands surrounding the area and underwater.

I have lived in Koh Phi Phi working as a diving instructor on and off for the past 4 years and now I manage Visa Diving Center, one of the largest dive shops on the island!..

I'm going to be slightly biased in my views about Koh Phi Phi and it’s diving, nightlife and people obviously, but there is something to what ‘Daffy’ talks of in the movie. Although, it has become more popular over the last 10 years there are still hidden gems and an underground community that have a special bond which most other places do not share!.

It’s a unique destination and home for many and a place where hedonistic meets natural quiet beauty. Many foreigners that live here and keep coming back, like myself, stumbled on Phi Phi as a 2-3 day stop in their holiday plan, but rarely does anyone leave when they expected.

There are 3 great lies of Phi Phi:

  1. I’m never drinking again
  2. I love you long time
  3. I’m leaving tomorrow!!!..

Although Phi Phi is a bit of party island it is also a place where all cultures rub along together, where a variety of cultures including the Thai locals, live, work and play as one and enjoy the natural beauty of this location.

The main activity that Phi Phi has to offer is scuba diving, and it offers some of the best diving in the world!!..

It conditions make it the ideal diving destination as the water is a warm 30 degrees most of the year, you can see a huge variety of marine life with easy diving conditions. If you don’t have a dive license then you can learn with some of the best instructors in the world and be taught in your language.

At the shop I manage, Visa Diving teach and take fun divers all year round and have customers from all over the world who have the opportunity to learn and experience our underwater paradise with an instructor who speaks their language.

You’re going to see ads all over MySpace for diving companies based in Thailand during your time on MySpace but I wanted to go that little bit further, rather than throw money at an advert where I never get to interact with people who share my passion for diving and may want more information.

So if you want any information or would like to learn more about what Koh Phi Phi has to offer, keep watching this page or visit http://www.visadiving.com/.

Thanks for reading
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment